Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Cheesecake

Well. I did promise I would post pictures of the cheesecake I made...
And there it is.
Honey lemon cheesecake with strawberries.
The recipe I made up turned out fantastic, super creamy and rich... but it wasn't quite as tall as I would have liked. I think increasing it to 1.5 lbs cream cheese (and all the other ingredients increased proportionately)  would improve it. Having a springform pan would probably also help.
Also, since regular lemons and meyer lemons were the same price, I used a meyer lemon, because I had heard good things about them. I was sorely disappointed. The flavor was too orangey for my purposes.

But, properties of lemons aside, I was very pleased with how the cheesecake turned out. It made a good Valentines day dessert topped with a strawberry rose.
For dinner my Partner and I had homemade pasta with homemade tomato sauce, and carrot salad... it was simple, but the Partner really loves homemade pasta.
For lunch I made Bao (steamed buns) I tried to make them pink... but as you can see in this picture, although the beet juice made the dough nice and pink, it all cooked out and I had plain Bao... still delicious though.

Well... I don't know when I'll update this blog again. I am quite terrible at updating.
-Zay

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...