Monday, November 22, 2010

Thanksgiving Menu

I am doing thanksgiving myself for the first time, and just looking at the menu I'm contemplating makes me realize why most people have other people bring stuff. It's a lot of work!
Here is my proposed Menu:

Roast Duck (because turkeys are too big for two people)
Drippings Gravy
Apple Stuffing (because it sounds good)
Celery Stuffing (because Tyler prefers savory foods)
Honey glazed white sweet potatoes
Mashed potatoes
Green Beans
Green Salad with homemade salad dressings
Cranberry jelly
Cranberry sauce
Raspberry Jello
Pumpkin Pie
Apple Pie
Banana Cream Pie
Vanilla Ice Cream

Sound good?
This is an especially challenging list because nothing I'm cooking comes out of a mix or a can. All of it is entirely home made and from scratch. For example, I have already started the dough for the bread that will be the main ingredient of the stuffings, and the crock pot is already full of chicken carcass and and vegies to make the stock that will fill out the gravy and stuffings.
Also, I'm not sure I have enough dishes to hold all these things simultaneously.
Also, did I mention we're having our thanksgiving on Tuesday, because I have to work on Thanksgiving itself.
Ah, service jobs...

1 comment:

  1. So how did it all turn out? It sounds like it was going to be great . We look forward to seeing you next month I would like to know the days so we can plan!!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...