Sunday, July 3, 2011

Fourth Of July Vegetarian BBQ Menu

Ok,
So Tyler and I do this thing sometimes where we decide that we're going to cook a big holiday meal... and sometimes I think it might be a little out of hand... but it's good fun. We all need excuses to make an extra fancy meal now and then.
So, in that vein, let me share our proposed menu!

4th BBQ

Portabella Burgers
-mushrooms
-buns
-cheese
-zucchini

Kebabs
-seitan
-pineapple
-zucchini
-potato
-sweet potato


Sweet Corn

Baked Beans

Green Salad
-strawberry balasmic vineigrette

Fruit Salad

Lemon-Mint Sun Tea

Today we biked to the grocery store to pick up the things we'll need. Tomorrow I'll spend the day prepping things like bread, salad dressings, baked beans, mixing up a batch of saitan, and chopping kebab veggies. In the evening, grillmaster Tyler will burn things to deliciousness, and the whole house will eat until sufficiently full.
I'll try to remember to take a picture or two, it should be somewhat epic.
-Zay

P.S. drop me a line if you want the recipe for any of the things mentioned... I could probably be easily convinced to add them to the blog.
-Z

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...